Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Multitasking

To start this, the meaning of multitask is:The concurrent operation by one central processing unit of two or more processes.

 Multitasking refers to the ability of an individual or machine to perform more than one task, or multiple tasks, at the same time. In the field of human resources, multitasking is a popular term that is often used to describe how busy managers or business practitioners are able to accomplish a growing amount of work in a limited time period. The term was popularized in the late 1990s with the increasing move to a 24-hours-per-day, seven-days-per-week work and service culture experienced in the U.S. The term has grown to define people in their roles as employees, parents, family members, and any number of other roles they perform simultaneously as they try to balance business and pleasure in a limited amount of time.

There is an article on NPR that I found very interesting to read. It is rather long but very interesting o read, or browse lol. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95256794

So, I know this is kind of an odd Blog Title but I've been doing this a lot lately and sometimes wander how people multitask when they have families, kids etc. I would really like some comments from others on how they multitask their day!

As you all know, I own and operate Helping Hands Cleaning Services, LLC. We are a full services residential and commercial cleaning company that has over the past couple of years kept me running lol. My brother works for and runs Southern Foundation and Repair also here in Mobile, AL. Last Thursday I started helping them 6am - 2pm with remodeling an old Historic home that was built in the early 1900s. I am helping remodel the house as close to its former condition and look as possible. My company will also be doing the post construction clean up as well. 

So, I'm helping with his business, running my residential and commercial cleaning company along with doing some strong marketing for the residential side of the business. This is definitely testing my multitasking skills to say the least. I have learned that as a business owner multitasking comes with the job and if you can't multitask then being a business owner is not for you. For those that multitask work, family, kids etc and make it work I give them props and they deserve a pat on the back. :)

I would love to hear from others on there stories of multitasking our suggestions on how they manage multitasking to make it work for them so please leave comments!!

As always, remember Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/HHCS1

No comments:

Post a Comment